Sunday, March 22, 2009

Opperman 2009

Have joined the Mongrel Dogs Opperman team again this year and will be doing 364km from Dapto to Parramatta via Goulburn with an overnight stop at Picton. I plan to update progress via twitter so you can share my pain!

Henry, Richard and I did a training run out to Picton yesterday to check out the motel and drop in the deposit. I was another beautiful autumn day, with a low mist in the valleys and mild temperatures. I felt pretty strong and am finding that the new approach of lower cadence and bigger gears is paying off. That and riding a lot more.

Mileage in Kilometres = 1028

2 comments:

Treadly and Me said...

Go the Mongrel Dogs.

David Killick said...

Good luck to the Mongrel Dogs!

I'll be our there with the Lancefield Lairs, our numbers depleted from 12 to 8 (or three teams to two) because some folk just couldn't face it again!

That big gear thing works a treat doesn't it? I've started doing it myself lately. Who would have known?