Saturday, January 5, 2013

First week of the year


Well so far so good. This last week I've ridden 273km and climbed about 2900m and the rest of the month is looking to be a big un, with the Tallowa Dam ride next saturday and the Alpine Classic at the end of the month.

Have done a couple of pre work rides this week, a fast blast up to Clifton and some intervals on the Gun Club hill.

Yesterday I shouted the roubaix some new bar tape and got a new pair of look cleats for my shoes which were getting down to stubs. So everything is now looking ship shape and comfy.

This morning we headed off to the Robbo Pie Shop in mild conditions and enjoyed the climb of the Pass, though felt tired from the exertions of the week (the interval session yesterday took a lot out of me) and as the temperature climbed past 30c I was beginning to feel it. Generally I feel that my physical resilience is suffering without my weekly yoga class but that will change soon when the new term commences in a couple of weeks otherwise conditions were pretty tough.

I still managed my fastest climb of the Mountain to date however the ride back in the heat and into a headwind was difficult and I felt quite stuffed by the time I got home with about 96km under the wheels. Stuffed enough to not be stuffed to ride the extra 4km to round it up to 100! As the morning turned to afternoon my throat has started to ache and I'm feeling a bit febrile so am planning to have a rest for the next few days and enjoy the memories.

Mileage in Km = 228
Meters up = 2478

No comments: