Sunday, March 6, 2011

Getting back in the saddle again again

The visit to the podiatrist appears to have been successful. The intense pain was a type of metatarsalgia caused by compressing the tarsal nerves in the ball of my foot. In my case it was pretty chronic and included some thickening of the nerve sheath which increases the likelihood of inflammation and pain.

So for much of the week I was enjoying heat treatment to reduce the inflammation and to fill the time while waiting for my orthotic to be enhanced with tarsal bump. Picked them up on Thursday and as of now, have ridden about 120kms with them and they feel quite good. Foot feels more stable too.

So I can hopefully keep riding on as March is looking to be another busy month. Coastal 200 next weekend, the Oppy the week after and the highlands hop 400 the week after that.

A nice build up during the month, but I will need to take care so that I don't blow up.

Mileage in Kilometres = 1772

No comments: