Monday, July 21, 2008

Back on the bike again

As I'd mentioned some months ago I had ordered a new bicycle and on the weekend I finally got it. It's by far the lightest and fastest bike I've ever owned, and its worth as a motivational tool is considerable. I managed to clock up 103.4 km's on it over the weekend and enjoyed every moment.

19072008

The bike is a Specialized Roubaix equipped with a full Ultegra component set and rolling on Mavic Aksium wheels. The bike was built up for me by Dave at Spearman Cycles.

There are a number of firsts for this bike, its the first carbon frame, first low spoke wheels and its the first bike I've owned with brifters -- so am trying to get the hang of them. Took me about 60km to stop reaching down to the down tube to change gears.

Mileage in Kilometres = 2314.09

2 comments:

David Killick said...

Fantastic, it looks great. Congratulations. I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment from that bike!

Grant said...

Thanks Dave,
so far so great!