Saturday, February 9, 2008

Cafe Ride washout

It has rained a lot in the last couple of weeks and a lot of folks are talking about fenders. Back in my all weather commuting days I loved my mudguards, they kept my feet and back dry and held most of the crud at bay.

I haven't arranged fenders for the Apollogy as yet, largely because (and CTA notes) they're not easy to come by and I was reminded this morning as I rode out to Dapto for the start of the cancelled Cafe Ride what a great thing they are. I only ever regret not getting on the bike and I love riding in the rain, even though its cold and slippery.

With the ride canned, I took the long way home under drizzly skies but enjoyed the relative solitude of a saturday morning with only the hardy cyclists out and about.


Cycleway on a rainy day


Kind of makes me think about how lucky I am to be able to ride in such a great place that has good facilities for bikes (relatively).

In other news, the North American Handmade Bicycle Show is on this weekend in Portland "Bike City USA". There are some photos already appearing on flickr . Some beautiful things to see.

No comments: